What it’s about:
It can be tough to establish and keep a writing routine. We all have a lot going on in our lives, and lineups of other tasks that try to distract us. Sometimes, even when we have time to sit down at the page, the ideas and energy refuse to come.
Filling the Well is a four-week session designed to help kick-start, support, and maintain your writing routine. To build it, I’ve also drawn on my work as a musician. Music supports and inspires my writing, and I think it can help yours too.
How it works:
Every Monday during the session, you’ll receive:
- A writing prompt (you don’t have to use this, but it’s there if you need an idea, and it’s yours to keep for future reference)
- A musical meditation (about eight to ten minutes of listening, during which you can let your imagination wander and see what the music suggests to you)
Bonus: All musical meditations will be videos of piano music which I perform live. Check out the video below for a sample of what you’ll hear!
Every Thursday, you’ll receive a musical meditation only, to support your work that day.
Every day, you’ll email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the total words you’ve written that day. This will provide you with accountability and an incentive to write each day. You’ll email me with your word count even if that count is 0. Be honest! 🙂
At the end of the class, I’ll total everyone’s word counts. The student with the highest word count will receive a free consultation with me on the piece of writing of their choice. This will be one round of editorial feedback on one piece (limit 15 pages).
What you get, in total:
- Four writing prompts to use at will
- Over an hour total of piano music
- Daily accountability to establish and/or support your writing routine
- A chance at a free manuscript consultation
Course cost: $97
Next start date for Filling the Well: January 22, 2018
To register, submit your payment of $97 using PayPal, at this link:
Once I receive your payment, I’ll send you a confirmation email, and you’ll be ready to start class on January 22!
Questions? Email me at email@example.com, subject line “Filling the Well.”
Sample music: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Sonata No. 2 in F Major