First of all, congratulations on rising to the challenge! NaNoWriMo can be a terrific way to kick-start your creativity and get that book you’ve always wanted to write out of your head and onto the page. You can do it!
After a month of intense, daily writing, you’ve come out on the other side with a lot of words and a lot of pages. Now you might be thinking…now what??
Maybe you’re not sure if all those pages add up to something. Maybe you’re wondering what to do with them next.
Good news! I can help.
For NaNoWriMo participants, I have a special offer. I’ll work with you one-on-one, as a manuscript consultant, at a discounted rate that applies any time through January 31, 2018. We’ll look at your NaNo work and I’ll give you:
- Feedback on the content itself
- A “road map” of where you can take it next: what’s working, what isn’t, plot threads to focus on, overall structural suggestions, and my ideas on how you can make it through to the end of the book
My usual consulting rate is $65 per fifteen pages of work. For NaNo participants only, I’m offering a reduced rate of $50 per fifteen pages, valid through January 2018.
How it works:
- Send me an email at email@example.com, subject line “NaNo Consulting,” between now and 1/31/18. Then:
- I’ll schedule a free 30-minute phone call with you, to talk about your project, your goals for it, and what you’re looking for now that you finished NaNo.
- Once we make sure I’m a good fit for you, you’ll send me your project.
- Based on its length and my initial overview of the work, I’ll quote you a price and give you an estimated date of completion. (Note: Projects requiring 10 hours of work or less will be finished within a week of start date. Longer projects may take up to 4 weeks.)
- If the price is $375 or less, I’ll ask for your full payment up front.
- If the price is higher than $375, you can either:
- Provide a down payment of half the cost, and pay the rest when the project is finished; or
- Pay the full cost up front, with a discount of 10%. (This discount is in addition to the discounted rate for NaNo participants.)
- Once we’ve set up your payment plan, I’ll begin work.
- When I’ve finished, I’ll send you my comments.
- After you’ve reviewed them, we’ll schedule a second free 30-minute phone call, for me to answer any questions you might have.
Why work with me?
As a published novelist and writer of short fiction, I love the possibilities of the written word, and especially love partnering with other writers to help them realize the potential of their work. That, and my own writing, are the two most rewarding kinds of work I know.
I’ve been a teacher for many years. Most recently, I piloted my own online course on revising fiction, and I’ve also been a teaching fellow at the Kenyon Review Writers Workshops and a mentor in Adroit Journal‘s summer program for high-school fiction writers and poets.
Comments from writers I’ve worked with:
“I have had two workshops with you and you really know your stuff. You are a smart and sensitive person who knows exactly how to get to the heart of a story’s problems.” – Louise M., Kenyon Review Writers Workshop participant
“The techniques taught in this course were very helpful to me. I can apply them to everything I write: short stories, individual scenes in my novel, the entire novel, and even the creative nonfiction pieces/personal essays I write. It is a truly valuable tool that you have given us, Kris…I cannot thank you enough for this experience and for everything you have taught me.” – Shanti C., online revision course participant
Want to get started?
Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org!