Yesterday was “one of those days.” If you’re an artist of any stripe, you probably know what it’s like to wonder why you’re still trying to do this work, and whether or not you should be. Even if you’re not an artist, you’ve probably been there at some point.
That’s where I was yesterday, and it’s the place I’m trying to get past today. My One Bright Thing for today is a set of “beatitudes” I wrote for artists. I’m hoping if I sit with them for a while, they’ll be helpful, and that you’ll find them helpful too.
Beatitudes for Artists:
- Blessed are the different, for they shall find new paths.
- Blessed are they who face rejection, for they shall learn their strength.
- Blessed are they who challenge the system, for they shall know their own worth.
- Blessed are they who fall, for they shall find power in rising back up.
- Blessed are they who do not conform, for they shall bring about change.
And here’s a virtual cat hug:
As always, thanks for visiting. If you found today’s post helpful, please share! Also think about posting your own bright thing somewhere on social media today. It could be a photo, a drawing, a poem, some music, some thoughts: anything that makes you smile and puts some light out in the world. (If you share on Twitter, you can tag me at @kfaatz925 and use the hashtag #OBTChallenge.)