Would you like support with your writing project?
I can help!
As a published novelist and award-winning writer of short fiction, I love partnering with other writers to help them realize the potential of their work.
I’ve been a teacher for many years. Currently, I teach fiction writing in online workshops, with the Community College of Baltimore County, and with Baltimore Bridges, a program for inner-city high-school students. I’ve also been a teaching fellow at the Kenyon Review Writers Workshops, a mentor in Adroit Journal‘s summer program for high-school fiction writers and poets, and an assistant editor at Bartleby Snopes literary journal.
“I have had two workshops with you and you really know your stuff. You are a smart and sensitive person who knows exactly how to get to the heart of a story’s problems.” – Louise M., Kenyon Review Writers Workshop participant
“The techniques taught in this course were very helpful to me. I can apply them to everything I write: short stories, individual scenes in my novel, the entire novel, and even the creative nonfiction pieces/personal essays I write. It is a truly valuable tool that you have given us, Kris…I cannot thank you enough for this experience and for everything you have taught me.” – Shanti C., online fiction course participant
I’d love to work with you on your writing project. Keep reading below for info on what I offer, my rates, and how the process works.
What I offer:
- Line/content editing (for pieces of any length)
- Structural/developmental feedback (for larger works such as novellas, novels, and story collections)
- Maps for future work (if you have an incomplete project and would like suggestions on how you might continue it)
- Combinations of any/all of the above
- My fee is $50 per hour, to read your work and provide detailed feedback. This equates to about $50 per 15 pages of writing.
How it works:
- Send me an email at email@example.com, subject line “MS Consulting.” Then:
- I’ll schedule a free 30-minute phone call with you, to talk about your project, your goals for it, and the kind of help you’re looking for.
- Once we make sure I’m a good fit for you, you’ll send me your project.
- Based on its length and my initial overview of the work, I’ll send you an estimate of the total cost for the project and a date of completion. Projects requiring five hours or work or less are generally completed within a week. Longer projects may need up to four weeks.
- Once you approve the estimate, I’ll begin work.
- When I’ve finished, I’ll send you my comments and a full invoice for time spent. (Payment can be made by check, through PayPal, or through Venmo.)
- After you’ve reviewed my comments, we can schedule follow-up time for any questions you may have, as needed.
Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!